Would you like to gain weight in a healthy way but it costs you to gain kilos and you don’t know how to do it?
There are many people who, contrary to what is usually asked, want to gain some weight: either to improve their physical appearance, to avoid some health problems or to be able to practice a sport that requires gaining muscle mass, men and women are looking for different methods to gain a few kilos.
Just like when you want to lose weight, gaining weight is possible if you follow both a nutritious and adequate diet and an exercise routine that helps us gain muscle mass.
Do you want to know more about these two basic pillars to achieve fat in a healthy way?
Keep reading this article till the end because we will also discuss briefly how women can gain weight fast in this article.
In the following article, we will explain how to gain weight fast with a series of specific dietary tips and exercises.
How to gain weight fast and gain muscle mass – tips and keys
As we have seen, there are many reasons why a person may want to gain weight; either to avoid health problems or simply to improve your physical appearance.
However, many times, due to genetics, some hormonal change or problem, or a certain lifestyle, this task is not easy at all.
Therefore, below we will give you a series of tips and keys to gain weight fast:
- Diet to put on weight fast: that trying to put on a few kilos does not mean that we have to consume products rich in sugars or unhealthy fats or eat too large meals. Although we will break this point down later, a diet to gain weight quickly consists mainly of eating healthy and high-calorie foods that help you gain muscle mass.
- Strength exercises: if you are looking to gain weight, it is important that you avoid aerobic physical activities, since these tend to promote fat loss. Instead of these practices, it is recommended that you follow a strength exercise routine that lasts a maximum of 40 minutes.
- Smoothies for fattening: In addition to food and exercise, you can also include protein shakes to increase muscle mass. For this, you can buy them at a sports nutrition store or you can make them at home using natural ingredients.
Foods to gain weight fast – diet tips
As we have anticipated, to gain a few kilos we don’t need to resort to unhealthy groceries such as fried foods, refined sugars, or unsaturated fats.
You should do the opposite because you can healthily get fat by choosing some of the following foods:
- Meats: some like veal is an excellent option to include in our weekly menu if we want to increase muscle mass. This is because it is a food with a good contribution to calories, iron, and protein.
- Dairy and derivatives: one of the most suitable foods to gain weight is whole milk since it has a high content of calories, calcium, and healthy fats. You can also opt for dairy products such as cheese and plain yogurts.
- Legumes: They are a great source of carbohydrates, iron, and protein, so they are suitable for gaining a few kilos. You can include legumes like chickpeas, lentils, or beans.
- Nuts: they are a highly recommended option to take as a snack or at lunch since they incorporate healthy fats and complex carbohydrates that will keep our energy in good condition throughout the day. You can include nuts like walnuts, peanuts, hazelnuts, almonds, or sunflower or pumpkin seeds.
- Whole grains: although it may sound like a product indicated for weight loss, whole grains can increase our muscle mass if we take them before exercising or during snacks. You can try some of them like oatmeal or brown rice.
- Foods rich in healthy fats: some options such as avocados, olives, olive oil, salmon, or other bluefish can be an excellent option to increase our calorie intake.
Protein shake for quick weight gain
In addition to including the above foods in your diet to gain weight, there is also a supplement in your eating plan that can help you gain weight faster: protein shakes.
Although you can find these powdered shakes in any sports nutrition store, it is also possible to make them at home with different natural ingredients.
If you prefer this option, here we explain how to make a protein shake to gain weight fast with banana and oatmeal, two foods that will help you gain muscle mass.
- 3 tablespoons of oatmeal
- 2 glasses of milk
- 2 bananas
- 5 cooked eggs (2 yolks and 5 whites)
To prepare this smoothie for fattening fast, you just have to add all the ingredients and the amounts that we have indicated in a blender and process them until you have a homogeneous cream and without lumps. Although it is optional, you can also add a few cubes so that the smoothie is fresher if you are in summer.
It is recommended that you drink this shake either for a snack or after exercising, as it will help you replenish the glycogen lost during training.
Exercises to gain weight in a short time
An alternative important phase to gain weight is daily physical exercise.
However, to increase muscle mass, we must perform anaerobic routines or strength training since aerobic activities precisely favor weight loss.
Therefore, below we will explain a routine of strength exercises that will help you gain a few kilos in a short time:
Squats escorted with a weight bar are a very actual exercise to grow our muscle mass, especially in the legs, abdomen, and buttocks.
- To do this exercise you will have to stand up, with your legs slightly more apart from the line of your shoulders.
- Put the bar behind your neck, holding it tightly with both hands.
- Lower slowly by flexing your knees and keeping your back straight.
- Then return to the starting position. Do 2 sets of 10 repetitions.
The bench press is the weight lifting lying on a bench, another exercise with which you will gradually develop your muscles, especially the torso and arms.
- To do this you will have to lie on the bench in question face up.
- Hold the weight bar at torso height and raise it little by little until your arms are fully extended.
- Finally, lower it slowly so you don’t hurt yourself.
- Perform 5-10 repetitions of this exercise. It is convenient that before doing the repetitions you do a few push-ups to get used to the weight of the bar.
Another exercise with which you will be able to tone areas such as the legs and buttocks in addition to gaining weight is the dumbbell strides.
- To do this exercise, stand up straight with your legs slightly apart.
- Stride forward with your right leg while flexing your left knee.
- In turn, raise the dumbbells to your chest.
- Return to the starting position and repeat the same exercise with the opposite leg.
Rowing with barbell
The horizontal barbell row is essential if you want to develop the muscles of your body, especially those of the back.
- To do this exercise you will have to sit on the bench and put your feet on the pedals.
- Slowly stretch the bar as far as you can to work the area well.
- Perform 10 repetitions of this exercise.
These tips will help you gain weight fast and safely.
Have some more to add?
Feel free to share it in the comment.